Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Evaluaiton - Trailer Design

Below shows some screenshots demonstrating how I have created my teaser trailer in iMovie through the post production process.


Once important all of my footage into iMovie, I decided to order my footage, as I found it to help me with organising. I sectioned this into the days of shoots. This is demonstrated on the left hand side of this screenshot.


This screenshot demonstrate how I have used tools within iMovie that have enabled me to edit clips. This was very helpful espicially as due the camera I was using I could film clearly at night. There is a filter effect on iMovie that makes it appear that your footage was taken at night. I used this frequently. I also used Sci- Fi and x ray as these are effects that I have seen professional works use through my research. I was also able to adjust the contrast, brightness, hue and saturation within another setting on iMovie, which was also helpful to convey other horror codes and conventions.

 
This next screenshot shows how I have added transitions into my film, which were already accessible of the software for you. I chose to use only a few, as I thought this looked stylish and professional. I chose fade ins and cross blur and dissolve. I was able to adjust the duration of theses in order for the moving images to flow nicely.


The green rectangles under the clips are sound effect I have imported into iMovie, most from free sources over the internet and others that I have recorded myself. I also found some sounds already in the software, which are free to use these included a camera shutter sound effect and also a boom sound. As all of my sound effects cam from different sources I had to adjust the levels of volume as they all appeared different. This screenshot shows how I have done this. I was also able to control exactly when I wanted them to fade in and out so that they blending in professionally with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment