Search This Blog

Monday 6 February 2012

Exploratory Work- Photo Editing


This is the original image I have taken. I like this because the location is authentic, along with the cottage itself. I feel that the composition of the image lets it down as we do not see detail and character form the cottage. You can also see that I have taken the image in the day, as this was convenient to me, however I wanted the image to look like it was set at night.



As you can see I have cropped the image using image manipulation software called Macromedia Fireworks. You can still see some of the surrounding woodland, but not you can see more detail from the house. 


Here I adjusted the colour by adding a sepia effect, which I think conveys an old fashioned style. I then adjusted the silhouette and blur resolutions, which gave me this finished effect. I particularly like this, because I think it conveys the codes and conventions of the horror genre, with its old, spooky style. 


To create the effect above, I simple added a black and white filter. This now can be seen as an image that was taken at night. I could develop this further by darkening the sky to create more emphasis to the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment