Search This Blog

Thursday 9 February 2012

Pre Production - Final Storyboarding

Below is my final story boarding for my film in more detail, to prepare me for the production.



I would like the opening slide of my trailer to be the image shown to the left. This is taken from the motion pictures association, which showsx my target audience that my film is restricted to a certain age. I am using this as I have seen through my research that existing professional works use this on their trailers. I would like the still image to appear on the screen, zoom in slightly and then have a fade out transaction applied to it.
I would like this to appear for about 2 seconds with no sound playing over the top.





The next images displays a still image with the use of text. I would like this slide to say 'THIS SPRING'. I want the background to be eroded with blood splatter effects as this will demonstrate the codes and conventions of the horror genre. This slide will apear for about 2 seconds, while zooming in.
I would like to apply some sort of blurring transaction to this into the next image. A 'boom' sound will accompany this.



This next image demonstrates an establishing shot of a moving image of a car travelling towards the location of Pluckley Woods. This will be a panning long shot that will loast for about 3 seconds and will give the audience a sense of the setting.
I would like to keep the original sound that the car makes from traveling, but slightly enhance the volume to this. I would like to layer this with the effect of fast strobes of light to enhance the speed of the car.





The next shot will be of the back of the car as it travels off into the distance. As it passes I would like to add a glow or fade effect to emphasis it disappearing into the distance.
This shot will be a medium close up and this is so the audience can see the setting at a different angle. This will last for around 2 seconds.













I would like to apply more text into the trailer, this time saying 'A TRIP TO NEVER BE FORGOTTEN'. This will be in the same style as my first text slide,l however with more blood splatters. This again will appear for roughly 2 seconds with the same effects and sound as the previous.













This image demonstrates a snap shot of still photograph that I would like to incorporate into the trailer. This is of the cottage found in Pluckley Woods within my storyline and will be shown as a medium close up. This brings dis equalibrium to the storyline. and sets the scene for the horror genre.
This image will appear for around 3 seconds with the sound effect of a camera shutter. This will fade out into the next clip.









Same image of the cottage again, only this time a young corpse girl can be seen in the foreground. This is to add even more enigmas to keep the audience questioning the narrative, as this is only a teaser trailer.
This will have the same effects added to it as before; however will have a boom sound effect playing over it lasting for 3 seconds.











The next shot demonstrates the corpse girl walking. We only see her feet at this point and the teddy bear she is holding in her hand. I want this moving image to be shown in slow motion and also have a sepia effect to make the image appear old.This moving image will appear as a panning shot and will build up tension as we are yet to see the girls face. 
I would like to play an eerie piece of music over this to develop this scary atmosphere. 
This clip will last for about 5 seconds and will use the technique of the hand held shaky camera.




I will then use a tilting camera technique that will film the corpse girl's feet up to her face in slow motion. As the camera slowly tilts it will zoom in to the girls face. This will also be in a sepia effect. The shot of the girls face will be an extreme close up with an x ray effect. This is inspired by the codes and conventions of the horror genre.  This shot will last for 8 seconds and will end  with an effect that will make it seem that the camera has been dropped to the ground. This shot will be accompanied by a screaming sound effect. 




The next shot will be again of the corpse girls feet, this time as a close up as she walks towards the camera.
This will last for 4 seconds and will be muted and accompanied by a downloaded sound effect of footsteps to enhance the  movement and therefore make the atmosphere even more eerie.














The next shot will be of the main actor within the film. The dialogue within this moving image will be, ' I dare you to run'. The will be spoken by the actor Jack Wallace. The setting for this scene is in Pluckley Woods and will start off by being a close up and end as a long shot. This shot will be filmed in the day, however within the editing process I will add effects so that it looks as if it has been filmed at night and will last for around 5 seconds.









The final shot will be of a still image with the use of text, again with the same style of typography used previously within the trailer. This will say 'The Dare Devil Coming Soon'.
This again will be accompanied by a somewhat loud 'boom' sound effect and will appear for roughly 3 seconds. This will have a zoom in transaction added to it. 










All in all I estimate my trailer to be between 40 and 45 seconds long. I am happy with this, as it is only supposed to tease and tempt the audience with fragments of the narrative. 









No comments:

Post a Comment