Search This Blog

Friday 10 February 2012

Scripting, Costumes and Props

Scripting:

As I am only creating a teaser trailer, the duration will only be between 30-40 seconds long. This means I have to be very selective in what I want to include in this, and how much of the narrative I wish to give alway. I have decided that I want to use little dialouge and more sound effects within my trailer, as I think this will build up more tension and thereofore convey the codes and conventions of the horror genre.

There will be some scripting within the first few shots taken in the car to cretae a sense of equalibrium in the narrative.

Whilst holding the camera I will say to Shelby, " What do you think of the romours of Pluckley Woods?"

I would like her reply to be short and improvised as this will show a sense of realism, because in this scene I would like to demonstrate the stlye and techiques of existing professsional works, like the Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity.


Costume:
My costume designs are very casual, to demonstrate a stereotypical group of rebellious youths, as that of the characters in the professional horror film, Eden lake.


Clothing codes will consist of hooded jumpers, jogging bottoms, and body warmers. This helps convey the narrative of camping within the woods, and the weather conditions.


Props:
Props acts as an important part of my production, as they help to demonstrate the narrative and the codes and conventions of the genre. I will be using a number of items including alcohol, broken glass bottles, fake weapons, camping equipment, camp fire and a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment