Search This Blog

Friday 30 March 2012

Final Evaluation - Does the Product Take into Account the Boundaries of Taste and Decency

Does the Product Take into Account the Boundaries of Taste and Decency

I think it is important to mention briefly within my evaluation the significance concerning the boundaries of taste and decency, especially I found within the genre of horror. Through research I was able to learn of the rules and regulations concerned within the industry examples of these include copyright and safety regulations. I was able to maintain a professional standard of reducing the risks of breaking these regulations, by creating detailed forms that covers the permissions and the risks involved within production.
I was also made aware due to safety I could not use real weapons, due to putting others at risk of harm. Instead I used fake weapons, which you could suggest was a boundary to how realistic I could make the production look. I think this was resolved within the post production stage, as I able to add effects that made this look more realistic. Not showing too much blood was something that the industry took into account and so therefore I had to in order to maintains their level of standards.

In order to account for a censorship of my film I looked at a current issue from the BBFC in detail to gather information, so that I could give my film a certificate rating that is realistic in comparison to existing professional films in the institution. This helped me to also realise what content is acceptable in the industry. I unfortunately did not put the rating of the film on any of its products. There was no particular reason why I did not do this and If I would go back to the production stage of my coursework I would do this, but now sadly I don’t have the time to make corrections. Above shows how I incorporated this into my pitch as a professional company in the industry would.

No comments:

Post a Comment