Search This Blog

Monday 16 January 2012

Exploratory Work - Editing images

Original Image


This is the original image that I took myself. It was hard to sustain quality throughout the photographs i took, because they were taking at night. This meant that features became very dark and the light patches from the torch were temperamental and did not always work as planned. I do however like the composition of this image, and I think using an image manipulation software to edit this picture, could improve the appearance of it.

Edited Image




To the right is the final edited image. 
I have created this effect, by firstly adding a sharpening filter, which enhanced the outlines and features within the photograph. I then adjusted the brightness and contrast levels, which gave this finished effect. I like this because it gives more focus to the face, which is important to display the emotion of the main character who is shown within the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment